Volunteering to Join the Network
The-DHN is a network of more than 900 hundred Reiki, Spiritual, and Psychic healers, as well as a number of Prayer Groups, from more than 35 countries but people come and go so we are always looking for new recruits.
We accept healing requests from anyone with access to email or our web site. Our Healing Request Page (People) and Healing Request Page (Pets) are reached via our web site with links and copies at a number of other sites. The requests come in steadily from around the world. Typically, each healer handles one request per week. With 200 or so cases a week, this means that each request is handled by 2 or 3 healers, perhaps more.
If you are a Reiki practitioner, a Spiritual Healer, a Psychic Healer or the Leader of a Healing Prayer Group (of any denomination), have experience in Distant Healing and would like to join our roster of Volunteer Healers we shall be happy to welcome you.
Each new volunteer is assigned to a Healing Group whose leader disseminates the cases, usually one per week per volunteer. Please be sure that your mailbox has sufficient space as it is difficult for the Group Leader to get your cases to you if your mail is returned. In case of communication problems we ask everyone to provide a back-up email address, prefereably with a different provider.
Because you will be using your computer to handle the personal information of others as well as the email addresses of DHN Members and those requesting our help, we ask that you ensure your computer has a properly configured firewall and an up-to-date anti-virus program working.
The Distant Healing Network strives to set the highest standards of integrity.
Before volunteering, please read carefully the conditions set out below which
apply to all our volunteer healers, no matter what their modality or experience.
As a member of The Distant Healing Network you agree to:
- Accept one, or more, healing requests each week, to be dealt with in your own way during that week.
- Regularly keep in contact with your Group Leader, to let them know that
you are receiving requests.
We suggest once a month as a minimum. Only in this way can we be sure that healing requests are getting through and are being acted upon.
- Notify your Group Leader when you will not be able to accept requests, so that they can be dealt with by another volunteer.
- Do not diagnose or recommend treatment to people requesting healing
This is important since we are not medical practitioners.
- Do not pass judgment on the condition of someone requesting healing from
We all have different beliefs and The-DHN is not here to promote any particular belief system.
- Agree not to accept any monetary reward for healings done through The-DHN.
This includes the promotion of any commercial activity
- Agree to be added to DHNnotices at Yahoo! Groups in order to receive occasional important notifications from the DHN Manager and Executive about the workings of the Network.
This is an ANNOUNCEMENT ONLY group and not for chat.
Finally, in corresponding with people requesting healing, you may indicate how long you will be sending healing, but make no mention of the points raised in 4 and 5 above unless specifically requested by the person seeking healing. Correspondence with people requesting healing for themselves or others is at the discretion of individual volunteers. It is not a requirement of participation in the Distant Healing Network.